Chamber of Commerce offers info on Gravenhurst BIA expansion vote proposal
GRAVENHURST — The Gravenhurst Chamber of Commerce is offering its members information on the proposed BIA expansion survey underway in May and June.
In its weekly missive, chamber president Bob Collins says: “It has come to our attention that many of our members have questions regarding the proposed BIA Expansion. In an effort to support our members, we are providing access to objective information regarding the expansion process and important dates. Should you have questions regarding the expansion or wish to discuss we have outlined the key contacts below.”
“We hope this provides the clarity and support you require.
“We strive to be open and responsive to our members, should you wish to contact our office or myself personally.”
Their phone number is 705-687-2289 and Collins’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
See related MuskokaTODAILY story online here
— The Town of Gravenhurst has posted a webpage outlining the process for the proposed BIA expansion.
— Key Contacts
— Should you wish to discuss the process of the proposed expansion, please contact The Town of Gravenhurst: Candace Thwaites – Director of Legislative Services, 705-687-3412 ext.234 or email@example.com
— Should you wish to speak with a representative of the BIA, please contact: Annette Gillan, Chair, 705-644-9392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
— The BIA Expansion page includes information regarding the:
• Notice of Intention to Expand the Gravenhurst Business Improvement Area (BIA)
• Mailing of Notices Information
• Duties of Landowner Tenant
• Information Voting
• Information Resources & More Information
— Access the page by clicking on the following link - Town of Gravenhurst Proposed BIA Expansion
— From the Information Available on the Town of Gravenhurst Website
— Some key points outlined on the summary:
• Landowners must notify tenants of expansion
• Tenants can self declare (declaration forms available online)
• Property owners and/or tenants deemed to be within the applicable property class are entitled to a vote in this process and must therefore return a completed ballot
• Entitled persons who do not respond will be deemed to have voted in favour of the proposed expansion.
— Key Dates include:
• May 23, 2014 – Deadline for landowners to provide Candace Thwaites with a list of their tenants to who the notice applies
• June 23, 2014 – Deadline for the Ballots to be returned to The Town of Gravenhurst office
— Online documents and reference materials include:
• Flow Chart of BIA Expansion phases
• Map of proposed expansion area
• References to the Municipal Act
• Link to information about BIA’s
• Key contacts for the Gravenhurst BIA and Town of Gravenhurst
Short URL: http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=18542