Muskoka To-DAILY

Ford watch underway until 3 p.m. Tuesday for SUV pickup

GRAVENHURST — The Ford watch continues at this hour.

Northland Towing is under watch for Rob Ford, his family or possibly another towing company.

Northland Towing is under watch for Rob Ford, his family or possibly another towing company.

At noon the Toronto mayor’s Ford Escalade was still in lockup at Northland Towing and Recovery here.

Company owner Bob Hoolans says it will remain there until at least 3 p.m. Tuesday.

That’s seven days to the hour after it was impounded by police after driver Lee Anne McRobb, of Bala, was charged with impaired driving.

She said she had the permission of Rob Ford to use the Cadillac Escalade.

A week later, media were camped out at the Bethune Drive car lot, garage, storage facility and car wash, where Hoolans said “about 7,000 people” have been by to see the infamous SUV.

But Rob Ford’s brother, Doug, said the mayor won’t be coming with the plates to drive away.

Hoolans says he’s only heard from the family Monday that someone will be by — but he wouldn’t be more specific when he spoke to the media Tuesday morning.

It’s definitely going to be moved Tuesday, Doug Ford told CP24 News this morning.

But that could also mean Hoolans could truck the SUV back to the GTA or elsewhere – like GreenStone.

Hoolans said as long as someone shows ID — and pays the $350 storage fee (so far) — they can have the vehicle.

He said it’s possible some other towing company could come by with or without a representative of the Ford family and pick it up. It could even be another towing company with the proper paperwork to release it.

In the meantime, traffic is piling up on Bethune Drive as the watch continues.

Some observers still believe Ford could be bold enough to again show his face and drive away.

If he does he’d have to bring his own licence plates – because the mystery surrounding their whereabouts remains, with no one saying who took them off. Not the police or Hoolans.

He apparently didn’t return to pick up his suit he dropped off at Fabricare in Gravenhurst for dry-cleaning 10 days ago.

At least, if he did, he never showed his face, and Fabricare employees have been told to clam up after posting a photo with him the week before last, when Ford was also seen and photographed in Bracebridge at Marj’s at lunch and banking at BMO.

Ford remains at the GreenStone rehab facility, where he and McRobb were both residents.

Doug Ford said he was up to see Rob on Sunday, and said he is doing well.

Short URL:

Posted by on May 27 2014. Filed under Headlines. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google

Your Shopping Cart

Your cart is empty


Log in | Designed by Muskoka Graphics
Posts Protect Plugin by