Muskoka Concert Band summer concert season begins Sunday on Barge
GRAVENHURST - Time to ‘Get on the Bandwagon’ with the Muskoka Concert Band.
The district band begins its summer concert series Sunday night on The Barge at Gull Lake Rotary Park in Gravenhurst -7:30 p.m. to dusk – with a little water music.
In fact it’s a lot of water music – eight concerts in all – and all at the lake.
Sunday’s show also kicks off the Barge season – nine weeks of the famous program until Aug. 17.
But up first it’s the 45-piece MCB – a 45-piece band of semi-pros from Muskoka and North Simcoe County who will actually let you get a handle on Handel.
The Pirates of Penzance, Stars in the Velvety Sky, The Sounds of the Tijuana Brass, Rio Con Rio, Big Band Favourites – including A Tribute to Artie Shaw, American Variations, Menuetto from Symphony No. 1 and Irish Tune from County Derry are all among the selections you’ll enjoy.
The best damn band in this land also plays throughout the summer.
After the Barge, it’s:
– July, 1 Canada Day celebrations @ River Mill Park in Huntsville, 9:30 a.m.;
– July 9 @ Dwight Beach, 7 p.m. (rain date July 10);
– July 16 @ Baysville Band shell, 7 p.m. (rain date July 17);
– July 23 @ Port Sydney Beach, 7 p.m. (rain date July 24)
– July 30 @ Huntsville Town Docks, 7 p.m.;
– Aug 3 @ Orillia Aquatheatre, Couchiching Park, 7 p.m. (in case of rain Town Council Chambers);
– Aug. 6 @ Dorset Waterfront Park, 7 p.m. (rain date Aug. 7)
For more on the Muskoka Concert Band, go to their website at www.muskokaconcertband.ca
Short URL: http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=18825